We offer a wide choice starting points within easy reach of Birmingham, East Midlands, Liverpool, Leeds and Manchester airports.
England offers close to 2,000 miles of tranquil waterways to explore by canal boat, making them a fantastic way to travel areas of the country. The local environment of England’s canals and rivers enjoys a rich history and is home to an abundance of wildlife.
Chugging gently along in a brightly painted narrowboat, you can take time to enjoy the beautiful countryside, with a different view gradually emerging around every corner. And you can stop almost anywhere you wish to take time to explore village, towns and cities along the way.
Great British Boating offers 39 departure points in England:
- Six on the Kennet & Avon Canal and one on the River Thames in Southern England
- Sixteen in Central England, along the Grand Union canal, Stratford canal, Worcester & Birmingham canal, Staffordshire & Worcestershire canal and the Oxford canal, plus one on the River Severn at Worcester
- Fourteen starting points in Northern England, including the Leeds & Liverpool, Shropshire Union, Trent & Mersey and Rochdale canals
- Two in Eastern England, on the River Great Ouse and Fenland Waterways
- We also offer four starting points in Wales:
- three on the Llangollen Canal in North Wales
- and one on the Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal in South Wales